There are several candidates in the workplace who has the potential to become future leaders.
You have hired the right people for your company and now as the manager, you have the power and the ability to foster their skills. If you learn to hone these said skills, I can assure you there will be prosperity and growth for the individual, as well as your company.
Different types of managers have diverse ways of augmenting growth in their employees. Here are 6 ways or ideas to help your employees grow:
Give them more responsibility
– You will have to give more valuable tasks to your employees. Learn to challenge their capabilities and gradually increase their workload. Don’t get the wrong idea of overworking them, there is a big difference. Overworking is actually one of the reasons that make good employees quit. When probable challenges arise, room for growth expands. Take note though that the individual would not grow if you will always let them stay in their comfort zones.
Get them the right mentor
– Encompass your candidate employees with the right people. Surrounding your employees with the right mentor can play an important factor in their development. As a manager, they will learn a lot of things from you in certain areas. But if you want growth and advancement, it is a good idea to surround the candidate with a mentor that has more expertise in the field needed.
Be a Sounding Board for Them
– A sounding board means a person who would react and suggest ideas, they test the validity and the potential of a plan. Candidate employees tend to have a lot of ideas in mind. To expand room for growth try listening to what the person has to say and suggest ways that will turn their idea into reality. Collaborations, suggestions and constructive criticisms will help the person expand his mindset.
Bring them into High-Level Discussions
– Invite your candidate employees to your meetings. The exposure will help the person grow as a whole and show that you have trust in their skills. They would work harder in developing themselves and would not want to let your trust down. Letting your employees engage in high-level discussions would also help you see more perspectives on the problem at hand. Different viewpoints and solutions emerge with the right people on board.
Invest in their Education
-Investing some money in the education or training of an employee will help the person reach new heights with their skills. Giving them the right budget to buy some books or attend conferences will help them sharpen their capabilities. The investment is quite low compared to the gigantic contribution that will follow.
Expect them to Move On
– Retaining good employees is a good thing, but there might a come a time when the candidate employee seeks for different challenges beyond the organization. Be supportive of their calling and be happy with their choices. When they become successful business leaders soon, they will always remember all the things you have done for them. they might even collaborate and open up a new opportunity for the success of your business.
There are a variety of ways a manager can influence an employee to grow. Candidates who manage to develop and hone their skills with the right support becomes a key asset for the company. If you can augment the growth of employees, the prosperity of the company will also unfold.