Introducing Managed Delivery of eBay, a cost-effective fulfillment service to launch next year, beginning in the U.S., and it will provide shoppers faster and more reliable delivery on millions of popular products.
“A common request we hear from our high-velocity sellers is to help make delivery of high-volume items easy and fast,” said Devin Wenig, eBay President, and CEO. “Managed Delivery will be a competitively-priced logistics solution for businesses selling high-volume goods in popular categories like electronics, home and garden, and fashion. The implementation of this service will dramatically lessen the shipping burden on sellers while improving the shopping experience and making unboxing fun for buyers.”.
Managed Delivery will result in hundreds of millions of eBay branded boxes and packages being placed on front porches across the United States within the next few years. eBay isn’t planning to build its own warehouse network like Amazon, the goal is to let eBay merchants store inventory in warehouses around the U.S so products can be delivered in two or three days at competitive rates.
Sellers who qualify for Managed Delivery will experience a range of benefits including:
- Lower Fulfillment Costs: eBay will negotiate highly competitive rates on delivery options, saving sellers money on fulfillment costs.
- Customer Support & Protections: Dedicated eBay customer service and enhanced financial and reputation protection on shipments.
- Simplified and Faster Shipping: End-to-end fulfillment services resulting in more inventory delivered faster and with greater reliability
- Increased Sales: Ability for sellers to entice buyers with faster and reliable delivery.
- eBay Branded Packaging: Eco-friendly eBay branded packaging for Managed Delivery orders
Buyers will benefit from:
- Fast Delivery: Millions of popular products arriving faster to buyers’ doorsteps.
- Reliability: With 100% tracking, buyers can monitor their packages and know when to expect them.
- Free: A significant increase in sellers offering free shipping on products buyers want.
- Quality Packaging: Orders arrive in high-quality, sturdy, eco-friendly packaging.
- Improved Customer Support: Simpler and quicker resolution on transaction queries
eBay plans to roll out its “Managed Delivery” service in 2020 and will run it on behalf of merchants through its own technology platform.